In our latest attempt at home improvement we decided to plant a flower/vegetable garden in the backyard. Much like everything else we have taken on it turned out to be far more work than anticipated. Thankfully the end result has exceeded my expectations and the efforts were well worth it.
We chose the south side of the house for the plot and then proceeded to dig out, level, border, and plant. Buck has turned out to be quite the handyman and as you can imagine Mayce was into and on top of everything....literally! Cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, cilantro, basil, parsley, oregano, sage, snapdragons, sweet peas, and more are waiting to die. I have to admit that I am more than a little skeptical of this project as I have killed everything that I have ever planted. Thank goodness for self drip systems!! Here are some pictures of the adventure.
Just chillin'...
Praise God that He made them washable!!
The first day that we worked on the garden Savannah got so dirty that she needed a bath before being allowed in the house. Apparently Mayce thought that she needed one today too and yes I do realize that it the middle of April. But it is cold out there!
Big helper...or hindrance, you decide!
No comments:
Post a Comment