It seems impossible but Ansley turned one month old on Saturday!! She has already changed so much, is now awake more throughout the day, and is starting to find her voice. I know that it is only a matter of time before she starts cooing in earnest and I can't wait! So far she doesn't seem to mind tummy time and is amazingly strong. Buck and I just stare in awe sometimes as she lifts her head and chest off the mattress and balances on her forearms. WHAT?!?!
Sunday was also a special day as Buck was ordained as a deacon. It has been a year since he was nominated and he has gone through training classes in addition to being mentored by an older member of the deacon body. And although a little leery in the beginning Buck and I both feel as though God is trying to grow us through this experience.
Sunday night he and two others went through their final interview and then they and their wives were issued the charge. It was a special time for both of us and we feel extremely blessed to be able to serve in this capacity. My favorite part of the evening was after Buck finished giving his testimony. Mayce, who was sitting in the sanctuary with Julia, looked up and without missing a beat said (loudly, mind you) "Good job Daddy!!"
.
The countdown has begun and I now have seven days before I return to work. Although the task still seems daunting I know that when needed the strength will be supplied. Your continued prayers are so appreciated and can be felt whenever my thoughts begin to overwhelm reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment