Sunday, February 22, 2009

Whistle While You Work...

Wow!! What a week! As most of you already know I returned to work on Tuesday and was a wee (ok a WHOLE LOT) stressed about going back. Fortunately, God once again showed His amazing grace and things went far better than I ever could have hoped for. The kids were thrilled to have me back and my 7th and 8th graders even asked for their homework packets?!?!?! It would be a lie to say that I didn't struggle and I did have a rough day on Wednesday but I know that the Lord provided me with this unbelievable opportunity and He will continue to supply all I need.
The girls did great and except for one hiccup (there was a minor miscommunication which led to Mayce being left at school) things went off without a hitch. The worst part of the whole ordeal was that the incident occured on Tuesday when I was already feeling guilty about going back to work. Thank the Lord for good friends, as Trish and Candy stepped right in and kept her until my mom and Buck could get to her!!!
Ansley is six and a half weeks old and changing every day! Although she hasn't saved all her new tricks for the weekend it has been fun for my mom and Janet to be able to witness some of these "firsts." It is such a blessing to know that she is with people who truly love and care for her. She is smiling more and more and has started to coo at anything with eyes. She is still a sweet, sweet baby and we are enjoying every minute with her.Mayce had an awesome week and even said three verses at AWANAS!! Her memory amazes (and frightens) me as not only does she remember her verses but also everything else you have EVER told her.
Buck had a basketball game last night which was held in the gym of one of the old churches in town. Mayce, inquisitive as always had asked where we were going and when we told her it was an old church the wheels in her mind immediately started turning. You see we have told her that she is only allowed to have gum in church (meaning church services) however, once she heard the word church she quickly asked if she could have a piece of gum. When I told her no she looked straight at me and said "But Mom this is a church." I guess from now on we are going to have to be a bit more specific...

No comments: