.
It should be mentioned however, that during my junior year of college I spent an entire year as a lab rat only to be told that my next step would be an electrophysiologist. Needless to say I was tired of the pokes, the prods, and the constant trips to the doctors office to be told "I just don't know" so I decided I was done. Fast forward seven years... After having eight episodes in one day and some not so gentle prompting from Buck and my mother I came to the conclusion that although I would rather not go through all that again I would also like to be here for my girls. "Hello Dr. Nair"!
.
It should be mentioned however, that during my junior year of college I spent an entire year as a lab rat only to be told that my next step would be an electrophysiologist. Needless to say I was tired of the pokes, the prods, and the constant trips to the doctors office to be told "I just don't know" so I decided I was done. Fast forward seven years... After having eight episodes in one day and some not so gentle prompting from Buck and my mother I came to the conclusion that although I would rather not go through all that again I would also like to be here for my girls. "Hello Dr. Nair"!
.
To make a long story short (or shorter) I was diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension basically meaning that my blood pressure drops in response to positional changes and therefore triggers the loss of vision and "fuzzy" feeling. After researching my symptoms this is what I was expecting as was the medication he prescribed. The good news...I have only had a handful of blackouts over the past two weeks, typically I would have at least that many a day. The bad news...my head and body constantly tingle. Not a terrible side effect I know but it is a strange feeling to constantly feel like you have needles in your scalp. Does that mean that my hair will grow faster?
.
While Buck and I were visiting with Dr. Nair my mom, Mayce, and Ansley got to go check out Explora! I have been wanting to take my students on an adventure but am leery of going anywhere I have not been personally so they were on a mission. After my appointment was over we met them there to join in the fun. It was fabulous and I am already planning our field trip. Hopefully we will be able get a church to host us so we can visit Explora! one day and the Rio Grande Zoo the next!
.
While Buck and I were visiting with Dr. Nair my mom, Mayce, and Ansley got to go check out Explora! I have been wanting to take my students on an adventure but am leery of going anywhere I have not been personally so they were on a mission. After my appointment was over we met them there to join in the fun. It was fabulous and I am already planning our field trip. Hopefully we will be able get a church to host us so we can visit Explora! one day and the Rio Grande Zoo the next!
.
I mean honestly where else can you...
I mean honestly where else can you...
make bubbles bigger than your body...
follow in your momma's footsteps and hit the airwaves... (Hmmm, do you think she would want my Disc Jock identity too?)
experience life as a struggling, and I mean struggling, musician...
and even have time to restyle your hair?
No comments:
Post a Comment