Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You Ate What?!?!


Hee hee, the Littles recently learned the letter S and to celebrate we ate SNAILS!!  That's right my four and five year olds ate snails.  Granted they were not real snails they were made out of breadsticks but they were still snails. 

I write a parent letter each week and they happened to have these for snack on the day that it went out so I made sure to include that they were not the actual creatures.  Funny thing is that I was talking to one of the moms the very next day and these were her exact words "Thank you so much for letting us know that they weren't real.  M was insistent that they were and told us so the ENTIRE evening!".  You have to love kids.  I was glad that they made such an impression though because they almost made me late to work seeing as my fist attempt fell...flat. 

Poor things they were just sad.  So I put them out of their misery and tried again.  Note to self (and others)... when you find a recipe at the doctors office at least write down the name of the magazine so you don't have to try to do everything from memory.  ESPECIALLY at 5:30 in the morning!

No comments: