Needless to say after a couple of long stressful weeks at school I was more than ready for the Christmas BREAK!! However, as most things go with our family the past week has been fun filled but definitely not relaxing. 
Monday and Tuesday Mayce and I set out to do some last minute shopping, cleaning, baking and wrapping. I should point out that there were far more presents than we thought existed and we should have taken advantage of the youth's free wrapping services (wait I wrapped there too, scratch that)! Thankfully Buck got off early on Wednesday and was able to take us to Cloudcroft where we thought to play in the snow. Only it wasn't snow it was ICE!! Still it was nice to run away for a little while even if I had to admit that I was shopping on Christmas Eve which was something I vowed to never do. I guess what they say is true "Never say never."
Every Christmas Eve Bethel has a candlelight service and it was beautiful as always. Buck and I have truly strived to ensure that Mayce knows what the TRUE meaning of Christmas is and were thankful that we could include her in such a meaningful service. After the service we headed to my grandma's house for dinner and to exchange gifts. The dinner was lovely and the gifts were perfect but most important was the time we were able to spend with our family just enjoying one anothers company.
Mayce of course added her own style of entertainment and kept everyone laughing throughout the night. Before we left for the service we gathered our gifts to take and were preparing to load them in the car. Mayce happened to see them and asked if any of them were hers. One indeed was and I mentioned that if she behaved throughout church and during dinner than perhaps she could open one special gift at Grandma Ramsey's from me and her dad. This conversation completely slipped my mind until we had finished opening presents at my grandma's and it was the only gift that remained. Mayce ran over to the tree and looks at the present then looks at all of us and says "That one is mine." Shaking my head I looked at her and said "Mayce I think its not" as I couldn't see the present and had indeed forgotten that we even brought it with us. It was then with a look that only she could get away with that she stated "I think it is." And of course...she was right.
No comments:
Post a Comment