So as you all know soccer turned out to be...well less than what we expected. However Mayce has always shown an interest in gymnastics and Barbara and I decided to give it a shot. Mayce did fabulously the first two sessions. We were all excited and she seemed to really enjoy going, talked about it constantly, and would jump around the house saying "Like a pencil, see I am jumping like a pencil." (This is to train them to keep their bodies aligned.)
.
.
Now I can fully recognize and accept that she is 3 and a girl so heaven knows she is entitled to change her mind but leave it to Mayce to wait until after the registration and class fee for an entire month has been paid to decide that she is over "jumping class". My mom picked her up from school on Tuesday (mind you she was thrilled about the prospect of going that morning before I left for work) and was quickly informed that "I do not want to go to jumping class." After a brief trial at the gym we realized that this was simply not going to work and shortly after arriving I left with a red faced little girl crying "I d..d..don't want to..to..go."
.
.
Thursday the scene played out much like that one above and so we did not even attempt to go to the gym. It was then decided that not even two weeks into this scene the curtains were closing and the act was complete.
.
.
Well Sunday they had their Sunday School program at church and we had to arrive early in order for them to get the children ready to go. On the way Mayce and I were talking and I asked her about what she was going to sing, who she was going to stand next to, the typical questions that accompany a performance. She told me that she liked Sunday School and that they sing Away in A Manger. "Cool" I thought perhaps she will actually sing this time. It was then that she looked at me and said "But I am not going to sing." "Why" I asked hoping she need just a small amount of reassurance. "Because I do not like to sing in the big church." Need I say more.
Oh and in case you can't find Mayce, she is the one SITTING down in the middle. He, He, He.
No comments:
Post a Comment