Sunday, January 4, 2009

And so the story goes...

I wanted to make sure that everyone was updated on what was taking place so here we go. Last Wednesday I had an appointment with Dr. Harlass, he said that everything looked fine and that they would start checking me at my next appointment. Well seeing as I had been experiencing large amounts of pressure and some pain I asked that he go ahead. Much to his and our surprise I was already dilated two centimeters and almost completely thinned out. He told us to come back on Friday stating that in all likelihood he would end up keeping me for observation at the least.

At my appointment on Friday I was three and completely effaced so he sent me over to Del Sol to figure out what stage, if any, of labor that I was in. After an hour or so on the monitors they decided that I was contracting but not anything that would amount to true labor so they moved me from L and D to postpartum for observation. I will be 37wks on Tues so Buck and I thought that Harlass might just go ahead and start a drip (or something) to push me into active labor. However, after a night in the hospital where neither of us slept (which I find ironic seeing as people go to the hospital to get better) Harlass came in on Saturday morning and told us that although I wasn't progressing because I was so close that he was just going to keep me in the hospital.

Thank the Lord for Buck because he knew that I was going to go stir crazy in that little room and he asked Dr. Harlass if the Ronald House would be an option. Harlass whole heartedly agreed that that was a better route and Buck got on the phone. We were fortunate enough to secure the last room available at the house so I know that God is in this. I am supposed to call tomorrow and set up an appointment on Tuesday to discuss induction. Ansley is measuring between 6lbs 9oz and 6lbs 13oz so just pray that God would give us all wisdom in how to proceed from here on out.

We are so thankful for the house but will admit that it is odd to be here again and almost freaked when we thought that they were going to put us in the same room we had before. Mayce thinks that its the coolest thing ever seeing as there is a slide INSIDE and having her here has at least added a sense of normalcy to the situation. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers we will try our best to keep everyone up to date with changes as they occur. We love you all!!!

No comments: