Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Cow Named Friday and...The Last Supper?

So I looked up the word imagination fully expecting to find a picture of Mayce. Although in that I was disappointed in the definition I was not. It described our child to a T...
.
Imagination: The faculty of imagining, or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses.
.
Tuesday night:
We are sitting in the living room, Ansley and I on the coach while Buck and Mayce play around on the floor.
Buck: Wow Mayce you sure are strong.
Mayce: Thank you Daddy.
Buck: Where did you get those muscles.
Mayce:...Dallas!
.
Thursday afternoon:
Auntie Katie arranged for The Southwest Dairy Farmers to come and give a demonstration for IDA. The kids loved Friday and seeing as Mayce typically loves cows I called Buck and asked him to bring her by. When the presentation was completed this is what Mayce had to say.
Me: So did you like Friday?
Without missing a beat...
Mayce: Why did you bring me here to see a cow?
.
Thursday night:
Our church is producing an Easter Musical about the last supper and seriously almost everyone we know is involved in some way, shape, or form. So when we arrived for dress rehearsal this is what occurred.
Mayce: Why are all the boys wearing dresses?
Me: Well when Jesus lived that's what everyone wore...
Mayce: Boys are not supposed to wear dresses!
During the rehearsal...
Me: Ok Mayce I am going to have to go on stage and sing I need you to stay right here.
Mayce: Who is going to watch me?
Me: Well no one you are going to stay here and I will just be on stage.
Mayce gets this mischievous grin on her face.
Mayce: So no one is going to watch me and Ansley? (I love that she brings Ansley into this...)
Me: No but Daddy can see you and Uncle can see you and I can see you...
Triumphantly...
Mayce: BUT NOT TROY!!!
.
This Morning:
Buck and Mayce were discussing family and the people that we love... Here was her list.
Buck: So who do you love?
Mayce: I love...Grandma, Julia, Troy, Sarah, Jordan, Sarah, Liza, Savannah, Daddy, Mommy, and my friends.
At least we were in the top ten...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow Jordan is really moving up! He's so excited...