.
Mayce and I hiked while Buck set up the tent (have I mentioned that I love that man).
She found more flowers than I knew what to do with. Only the very special ones made it home as she searched VERY hard for special flowers for Grandma, Grandpa, Ansley, Uncle, Auntie, Julia, Kaelyn, and Jasmine.
Standard camping fare was offered for dinner and breakfast. Mayce thought it was entirely cool to roast hot dogs over a campfire, eat chips from your own bag, sip Sprite and finish her meal with a s'more which she didn't even finish (I did question at that moment whether or not she was my child). After freezing all night I awoke to a stoked campfire thanks to my lovely husband and we gathered around to eat cereal out of a box.
All in all I think that we had the quintessential camping experience. Mayce certainly seemed to think so as she asked every day for two weeks when we were going again!
1 comment:
Wow - you all take great pictures. I'm so glad you are blogging again. Bless you!
Post a Comment