Thursday, February 7, 2013

Paint

As the days go by I am beginning to find myself frustrated with the routine that I have established. What once was comforting is now irritating, the monotony is starting to take its toll. It's almost as though I contracted the mid-semester blues like so many of did in college. Those classes we were so excited to take consistently fell from grace after 7 weeks in the classroom. Yet I can now change my schedule without fear of losing my scholarship and today I took full advantage of the freedom to do so.

I silenced the alarms on my phone and quickly gathered materials, the smile on my face returning as I stared at the blank canvas before me. Back and forth my brush began adding layer upon layer of color, bringing life and warmth to what was once cold and barren.


I used the dark to outline the bright, to highlight the richness within, and as I examined my work I couldn't help but wonder if our lives werw any different?


It is so easy for me to imagine God...shading and developing me into the servant He wants me be. Yet upon closer inspection it is with life that He paints. The joys and sorrows, the laughter a and the tears, all blended together to make a thing of wonder. What if it is those times of darkness that truly amplify His light? What if it only through the trials that we finally see the beauty of the work He is creating no matter how painful it may be?




1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are an artist! I'm jealous :-)