On Monday we had to take Apples and PopPop down to the airport so they could head back to Georgia. Mayce was, shall we say, less than thrilled at this idea and even though we explained to her that we would be seeing them again in just a couple of months she still had a rough time. In all fairness 2 months is a long time to a grown up much less a three year old!
.
I had been wanting to take her to Build-a-Bear for quite some time but something always came up that kept the event from taking place. Hoping it would take her mind off Apples and PopPop leaving we decided that the timing was right so we headed down and let the fun begin. I should have known that she would pick something pink but I have to admit that I tried my hardest to steer her towards an animal that was a bit less colorful. However, after she picked up a COMPLETELY obnoxious hot pink bear the light pink monkey didn't seem quite so bad.
She was so excited to stuff her and then give her a bath! She even got to pick out an outfit for her monkey which led to some discussions about the fact that we can't go out in public in just our swimsuit. Finally, she settled on some blinged out jeans and, who would have guessed it, a PINK flowery top. Then we sat down to fill out her Birth Certificate and I asked Mayce what her monkey's name was. Without a moments hesitation she responded "Sophie!!" I asked again just to make sure but apparently this monkey was just meant to be Sophie.
Since then Sophie has been to school, to grandma's house, to the playpark, to church, and of course to bed every night.
The funniest part is when Mayce has Sophie with her and we run into people we know. She will walk up to them and say "This is Sophie, she is my brest friend."
No comments:
Post a Comment