So last night we were at church practicing for the Easter production. Mayce, Auntie KT, Ms. Terry, and I were just sitting around discussing dinosaurs and how they had learned about a new dinosaur yesterday that looked a lot like an alligator. . .
Mayce: Alligators bite!!
Me: That's right alligators do bite.
Mayce: And then they go to the ocean.
Me: Well alligators don't live in the ocean.
Mayce: Then where do they live?
Me: They live in rivers and lakes. See alligators live in freshwater but crocodiles live in saltwater.
Mayce looks at me like I am crazy...so I try a different approach.
Me: The thing is alligators don't like salt so they can't live in the ocean but crocodiles do because they like salt.
Mayce appears to be contemplating this and understanding what I am trying to say so I begin to experience a feeling of success.
Mayce: Hmmm, well do alligators like pepper?
No comments:
Post a Comment