Saturday, April 18, 2009

An Egg-cellent Idea

While Apples and PopPop were here we thought that it would be fun to have an egg dyeing party. So we ordered some pizza, boiled some eggs, and called Grandma and Grandpa to join in the fun.

Mayce thought that dyeing eggs was just about the coolest thing since sliced bread and couldn't believe it when we told her that she could actually color on the eggs themselves. It was too funny to watch her face the first time she put one of the ones that she colored into the dye! Quite the mess was made but then again when you think about it most fun things come with a mess to clean up.

One of the most surprising things to all of the grown ups was the fact that instead of being dipped into Mayce's favorite color, pink, most of the eggs went into the blue. Although after I introduced her to the concept of creating different colors by double dipping it was all over and as you can imagine we had a couple of less than appealing color combinations.

We all had a great time and besides turning a couple of fingers green came out unscathed. It was fun to be able to do one of the things that I loved as a child with my own. I do however have a feeling I am going to have to apply my mom's rule for egg dyeing in the future. When it became apparent that I wanted to dye eggs by the dozen (like 3 or 4) my mom informed me that whatever I dyed I had to eat. I stopped dyeing after that. The good thing is that Mayce actually likes hard boiled eggs so perhaps the rule will just keep it to a dozen or two.

No comments: