Tuesday, January 22, 2013

15 Truths

  • There is very little true rest involved.
  • You will swear that you have aged 20yrs in 2wks as even walking to the kitchen becomes bothersome and let's admit it, slightly humorous for others to watch. 
  • Your wardrobe, no matter how extensive, will weed itself down to two or three favorites that are worn in rotation every day of the week.
  • You will begin to see doctors appointments the way you used to view date nights.
  • Texting is no longer simply a means of communication it is a lifeline to the outside world.
  • Days are numbered by gestation.  For instance, today is not January 22, it is 25wks and 3 days.
  • Your sleep patterns will resemble that of a newborn.  3hrs down, 2 hours up, and repeat.
  • Activities are no longer gauged by their worthiness but by the amount of time that they kill.
    • Shower - 10 minutes
    • Makeup - 10 minutes
    • Reading - 45 minutes
    • FB - 5 minutes and so on
  • Days will drag but weeks will fly, if anyone can explain this phenomena please leave a comment doing so.
  • You will be seen as a captive audience by the little people in your life.  This is entertaining until you find yourself playing CandyLand for the 10th time in two hours. 
  • One second you will be fine, the next you will bawl and your husband will have no clue what he is supposed to do. 
  • Your bed will soon resemble the pillow section at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  Strangely enough the number of pillows seems to coincide with your weeks on bed rest.  Right now I "sleep" with 5.  I am a bit nervous what our bed will look like by week 14.
  • Your children will think you have lost your senses. My four year old asked me when I was going to be better so that I could throw away my own trash. Nice AF, nice. 
  • Even on bed rest you will find yourself behind on paperwork or in my case, grading.  Really?!
  • Painted nails can make even the darkest day seem brighter. 

..."God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears this will laugh with me."  Gen 21:6

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even though it has been 9 years since I was on bed rest you are right on the money. Oh, and my husband still thinks I'm crazy and does not always know how to handle me. I love you friend and there is something everyday that God will put in your path to laugh about! Gen 21:6~Life Verse!!!