Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today


Today I am tired, worn out, exhausted…  The irony of being tired while I am on bed rest is not lost on me but that is where I am.  My body is aching from the days of inactivity, each hour seeming progressively worse than the last. The lack of real sleep and the screaming of my hips is all culminating in a feeling of misery.  I struggle to maintain perspective, knowing that this is only for a time and the reward is great but sometimes it is hard. 
 
 I know that it has long been said that comparison is the thief of joy but sometimes, just sometimes, if you allow it, it can also be the reminder of blessings.
  • Every time the pain becomes unbearable I must remind myself thousands of NICU mommas would have given anything for one more day of aches…
  • Every time I am irritated because I can’t go grab what I need I must be thankful that I have a husband who has willingly purchased fake eyelashes, the correct conditioner, and any snack my heart desires without the bat of an eye or even a snicker. 
  • Every time I am frustrated that I can’t sleep I must remember that there are millions of people that can’t sleep, at least mine is temporary.
  • Every time I am at wit’s end with MG and her homework I must be appreciative, there was a time when we weren’t sure she would ever have it.
  • Every time the stretching of my muscles makes me wince I must keep in mind it is a sign that our precious little girl is still growing within me.
  • Every time I am disappointed because I can’t see my students I must be grateful, I might not be able to hear them either.
  • Every time 8 more weeks seems like an eternity I must remind myself that when MG made her appearance I would have jumped at the chance if it would have prevented her early birth. 
  • Every time AF gets a little crazy I must remember that just weeks ago I was envious of the one on one time she and her daddy had.
 Today I will be thankful...even if I am tired.

No comments: